Talented and Gifted Identification Process
- Published: October 18, 2006 by andy
- Updated: August 12, 2010 by
2) NOMINATION: Staff will identify students that may qualify for TAG identification as indicated by a screening tool (KOI), standardized academic tests, parent nomination, student self-nomination, and teacher nomination.
3) STUDENT POOL: The building principal and building TAG liaison will develop a pool of nominated students.
4) NOTIFICATION: The building principal and building TAG liaison will notify parents/guardians about the nomination and TAG process and gather permission forms from the parents/guardians.
5) INFORMATION AND EVALUATON: Additional evaluations and information will be requested and gathered to help inform the identification process. This step could include further testing. This step will include collecting classroom assessment information, student self-evaluation information, and parent survey information.
6) NOMINATION FOLDERS: TAG screening folders are developed for each nominated student.
7) SCREENING COMMITTEE: A TAG screening committee will meet to make decisions about TAG identification based upon the information gathered in the student TAG nomination folders.
8) NOTIFICATION: Parents/guardians will be notified about the TAG screening committee's decision regarding the student's TAG identification.
9) PERSONAL INSTRUCTION PLANS (PIP): TAG students' personal instruction plans (PIP) will be developed with parent/guardian and student input.
10) SERVICES: TAG services will begin as soon as the PIP is developed.