Canby School District transfers for the 2024-2025 school year open as of March 1, 2024 and close April 30, 2024. Please see below to learn about the application process and find the forms for transferring into the Canby School District, release from the Canby School District to another school district, and in-district transfer to another school within the Canby School District.

For more information, contact Kamela Davis, Executive Assistant, at 503-266-0004 or kamela.davis@canby.k12.or.us.

Transfers & Stays for Move or Hardship

(Open Year-Round)

Per Senate Bill 709, a student may remain at their current school for some time after a move to a new district. If the student moves mid-year, the student may remain enrolled until the end of the year. If the student moves over the summer, the student may remain enrolled for the following school year.

For a move or hardship*, submit a Request Form in English or Spanish to the Canby School District office with a release from your resident district.

Note that a mid-year transfer is temporary, and requests for the following year are approved if space allows. Hardship transfers are permanent.

*“Hardship” means any of the following:

(A) The student is impacted by a parent or guardian’s military deployment;

(B) The student is experiencing instability related to homelessness or foster care placement;

(C) The student has a documented medical condition that necessitates transfer;

(D) Death of a student’s parent;

(E) The student does not have access to safe and affordable childcare in the resident district; or

(F) The student is involved in a documented case of severe harassment, intimidation, bullying, or cyberbullying.