CSD's 1:1 iPad Initiative
The Canby School District provides a dedicated internet-enabled device to all students in grades 6-12. This 1:1 program (1 student : 1 device) provides technology and instructional resources that are accessible both inside and outside of the classroom.
We strongly believe that making appropriate technology available is essential to building Canby School District graduates ready for the opportunities of today’s world.
We invite you to review the frequently asked questions below. If you have additional questions or concerns about any aspect of the 1:1 program, please work with your student’s teacher or front office staff and the appropriate team will get you the answers you need.
The District Teaching and Learning and Technology Teams
- Where are iPads being used?
- Why a 1:1 program?
- What type of iPads are being given to students?
- Will I have to pay to receive an iPad?
- What happens if an iPad gets broken?
- What happens if an iPad is stolen or lost?
- Can families purchase an iPad from CSD?
- Can students keep iPads over the summer?
- If my student is moving schools next year, will they take their iPad with them?
- How is my student's Internet activity monitored?
- Can my student bring their own iPad?
- Receiving an Internet-enabled device is a big change. What resources are available to help understand online safety and appropriate technology use?
- What is the process for having educational apps installed on a non-district (BYOD) iPad?
- Can I prevent my student from accessing specific websites or apps on their iPad?
- Can I request that specific apps be added to my student’s iPad?
- I have a device at home that’s not an iPad that my student can use, can they bring it to school instead of receiving an iPad?
- What happens if the charging adapter cord is lost or damaged?