Currently located at the site of Carus Elementary School on the corner of Carus Road and Highway 213, the old Carus schoolhouse has long been nicknamed simply, “the white building.” Built in 1926, the Craftsman Bungalo style schoolhouse is two stories and 4,720 square feet. Details include lap siding, exposed rafters, purlins and brackets, wood double-hung windows and a gabled porch. The property was first deeded to the Clackamas School District Number 29 by Isaac and Constance Farr. The building ceased to be used as a school in the 1970s, and it was used for administrative offices from roughly the 1970s until the early 2000s. In 2005, the white building was left vacant and boarded up. It is on the list of designated historical sites for Oregon state and Clackamas County.