Canby School District offers an ODOT Driver Education Program. See below for details on the program and registration information.
- Obtain a current Oregon instruction permit. Must provide permit number at time of registration.
- 100% attendance in classroom and drive lab is required.
- Students must have a minimum of 10 hours behind-the-wheel practice before registering.
- Driver Education Program is for students ages 15-17.
- Driver Education students must complete the course before receiving a driver's license and before turning 18.
HOW TO REGISTER
Phone or in-person registration only for driver education:
Terry Lepire, Secretary Ackerman Center Office 350 SE 13th Avenue, Canby, OR 97013 Phone: (503) 266-0040
Registrations are taken for any driver education session throughout the year (provided there is space available). Out-of-District students/families: Please note different registration dates provided on the driver education schedule.
Become a part of Driver Education!
The Traffic Safety Education program from Western Oregon University provides the required training to be an ODOT-TSD approved Driver Education instructor in Oregon. Individuals wishing to teach Driver Education in Oregon will gain a wealth of practical knowledge, as well as gain hands-on experience, both in the classroom and in the vehicle. Upon completion of the Traffic Safety Education course, participants will receive a certificate that can be presented to potential employers to verify certification.
These classes are part of a non-credit program funded by Oregon Department of Transportation.
Click here if you are interested or for further information!