In-District Transfer Application
It is the policy of the Board that every student attends the school that serves the attendance area in which the student lives. However, the Board also recognizes that in certain situations, a student transfer to another attendance area within the district may be in the best interest of the individual student.
Therefore, the superintendent may approve parent/guardian requests for student transfers to another attendance area subject to the following conditions:
- An educational, safety, or health condition affecting the student would be reasonably improved as a result of the transfer, or:
- There is some other special hardship or detrimental condition affecting the student or the student’s immediate family, which would be alleviated as a result of the transfer. Special hardship or detrimental condition includes but is not limited to the following:
- The student is impacted by a parent or guardian’s military deployment;
- The student experiences instability related to homelessness or foster care placement;
- The student has a documented medical condition that necessitates transfer;
- Death of a student’s parent/guardian;
- The student is involved in a documented case of severe harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyberbullying;
- There is adequate space at this student’s grade level for added enrollment.
In-District transfer requests are approved on a case-by-case basis at the recommendation of both principals and the superintendent. The district is not approving transfer requests for reasons other than special circumstances due to space and capacity issues.